The significant effect of treatment is achieved after administration of the first few doses, and after 14 days of repeated application further accumulation is observed. Renal clearance is approximately and independent of dose.
In patients with impaired renal function, the area under “concentration-time” curve (AUC) at jelfa omnadren steady state (steady) state was increased by about for mild, moderate and severe renal impairment, respectively, compared with healthy volunteers.
Unbound fraction of olmesartan at 2 hours post-dose of the drug in healthy volunteers, in patients with mild to moderate degrees of hepatic dysfunction was 0.26, 0.34 and 0.41%, respectively.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients included in the formulation (see section. Composition );
- obstruction of the biliary tract;
- renal impairment (creatinine clearance (CC) of less than 20 ml / min), condition after kidney transplantation (no clinical experience);
- pregnancy, lactation;
- age of 18 years (effectiveness and safety have been established);
- lactase deficiency, galactosemia or malabsorption syndrome.Carefully:
- stenosis of the aortic or mitral valves;
- hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy;
- primary aldosteronism;
- hyperkalemia, hyponatremia (risk of dehydration, hypotension, renal failure);
- renal failure (creatinine clearance of more than 20 ml / min);
- chronic heart failure;
- sided renal artery stenosis or stenosis of the artery to a solitary kidney;
- cardiac ischemia;
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- advanced age (over 65 years);
- abnormal liver function;
- state, accompanied by a decrease in circulating blood volume (including diarrhea, vomiting), as well as in patients on a diet with restriction of sodium;
- while the use of jelfa omnadren diuretics.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
The experience of olmesartan medoxomil in pregnant women available. However, due to the available reports of severe teratogenic effects of drugs acting directly on the renin-angiotensin system, as well as any drug in this class, olmesartan is contraindicated during pregnancy. In case of pregnancy during therapy with drug should be abolished.
No data is released whether olmesartan with breast milk, so if you need to use the drug during lactation breastfeeding at the time of the drug should be discontinued.
Dosage and administration:
It is recommended to take inside each day at the same time, regardless of the meal one time per day.
The maximum daily dose – 40 mg.
Possible side effects are listed below in descending frequency of occurrence: very common (> 1/10);often (> 1/100 <1/10);sometimes (> 1/1000, <1/100);rare (> 1/10000, <1/1000);very rare (<1/10000), including isolated reports.
From the circulatory and lymphatic system
Very rare: thrombocytopenia. On the part of the central nervous system sometimes dizziness. Very rare: headache. The respiratory system Common: pharyngitis, rhinitis. Very rare: cough, bronchitis. On the part of the digestive tract often diarrhea , indigestion, gastroenteritis. Very rare: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting. For the skin Very rare: pruritus, rash, angioedema, allergic dermatitis, urticaria. On the part of the musculoskeletal system Common: back pain, pain in the bones, jelfa omnadren arthralgia, arthritis. Very rare: muscle cramps, myalgia. urinary system Common: haematuria, urinary tract infection. Very rare: acute renal failure. From the laboratory parameters Very rare: increase in serum creatinine and urea in serum, increased liver enzymes. cardio-vascular system rare: excessive blood pressure reduction.Sometimes: angina pectoris, tachycardia. On the part of metabolism Common: increase in creatine phosphokinase, hypertriglyceridaemia, hyperuricaemia. rare: hyperkalemia. Other disorders Common: chest pain, flu-like . symptoms, peripheral edema Very rare: asthenia, fatigue, malaise, drowsiness.